Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ultimate Frisbee

For the past while I have enjoyed playing a sport called Ultimate Frisbee. Unfortunately I don't know the details of the sport. You know, stuff like where it started, or who invented it. But I do enjoy playing it. It's really simple, all you do is throw the frisbee from one team member to the next until you get across the goal. If you drop the frisbee, or it hits the ground, the other team gets it. You can't run with the frisbee, however, you have to pass it. I think I started playing when I was in high school so I've known about it for a while.

Since this is my recovery blog I suppose I should relate the topic to my recovery. Frisbee has nothing to do with my life in Ohio, or my stroke, but I am thankful that I can still play. I was really lucky. I could be dead, or paralyzed on one side of my body, but I'm not. I can still function, and do any physical thing I did before. Meanwhile, I imagine I still have a few more mountains to climb, but I know I have the ability to keep going.

PS For those of you wondering about our baby, and specifically what it is, here is a video for you . . .


If you cannot see the video-- check it out at the following link Blueberry

2 comments:

becca said...

I love that last shot of you guys on the video. Well done! I'm so excited for you and excited to meet Willson! And so glad that you're close by! We only have one neice and one nephew living near by- the majority are out in New York. I enjoyed reading this post Will- frisbee is awesome and I thought it was great that you were wearing red in those shots- I had no trouble figuring out which talented player you were ;)

becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.