Sunday, January 9, 2011

Some recent highlights


So I haven’t written for a while and I guess there are a few things I should talk about. First of all, I guess you should know, my wife, Summer, broke her ankle the other day. Actually it was on our anniversary, the 30th of December. She was clearing the snow off the car and was almost done when she slipped on some ice. I actually found her a little later and brought her inside. At first we didn’t think it was broken, but as the day wore on it became more apparent to her that she needed to go to a doctor. When she did decide to go I was in Salt Lake so she had her Mom take her. Fortunately, she came back without a cast, but she does have a boot or brace for the next six weeks.

Now, as far as I’m concerned, the big thing that happened to me was that I had a residency interview in Ohio last month. I stayed with Dan Hecht, a friend of mine from when I was a med student. The interview was at Ohio State and I feel pretty good about it, unfortunately, I still have to get another interview, for years two through four, for me to actually have a place. Hopefully that will happen soon.

Concerning Benjamin, he is doing great. We are still waiting for him to roll over, but we expect that he will roll over soon. That’s the hope anyway. One thing he did do today was, while we were at church, he actually put his binky in his own mouth. Normally that’s something we have to do.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Will and Summer,

This is Saira-one of the people from Will's intern class at Riverside. I have been an erratic (and silent) reader of this blog till now but all this great news (apart from the broken ankle!) compels me to leave a comment. First of all, congratulations on your bundle of joy!!Benjamin is adorable! I am thrilled to hear about Will's accomplishments especially the interview at OSU. I hope all goes well-I believe that God has a plan for each one of us and that it is for the best. I will be praying for the three of you- may God bless you with His choicest blessings!

Hope you feel better soon, Summer.

Summer Blackhurst said...

Thank you Saira,

For breaking your silence ;) And thank you for your prayers. We'll keep you posted!