Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Wind Storm

This Sunday was a little unusual. After church a couple of young men came to our door asking for fast offerings (donations we give once a month to our church). This was unusual because normally they come on the first Sunday every month. This time was different, however, because last Sunday, the first Sunday, our entire congregation was out doing something else.

What were we doing? Well, last week we had a terrible wind storm come through on Thursday and another one was predicted for Sunday evening. Because the storm was so terrible many trees here in Bountiful and throughout Davis county were blown over. Also the power was out for lots of people including us for at least a day and others had it out for longer. Because it was supposed to be windy again last Sunday night we spent a lot of time trying to be a little more prepaired for the storm. This meant getting rid of the trees that had fallen during Thursday's storm or at least tying them down so the wind couldn't blow the branches into other peoples houses.

One of the trees that blew over was a tree in my parents front yard. It was a massive tree and required a lot of work to get it cut up and moved out. Fortunately my parents had a lot of help both from neighbors and from the city as well as from us.

Its kind of sad now that the tree is gone. I think it was kind of a landmark of my parents property. But having said that I think the property will be fine including the place were the tree once stood. I'm not sure what they are going to do, maybe just flatten the area out and plant grass, or possible plant a new tree. I don't think it really matters. I guess, in a way, I'm kind of like the yard with that tree. Unfortunately a stroke was my windstorm and knocked my tree down flat. Fortunately, however, I've had a lot of help getting the old tree out and making room for a new tree to grow. I hope and pray that it will.

2 comments:

oc1dean said...

Someone referred to my stroke as a pothole(flat tire) in the road of life, I considered it a sinkhole, had to get a crane to get the car out, still not running too well.
Dean

reyne martin said...

It seems like very strong storm there. It demolished everything.
how to convert flv to wmv