Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Perfect Weekend



This weekend we were given a wonderful opportunity to attend U of U's first annual PanVascular Summit at the Canyons in Park City. I worried that because of the duration of the classes Will would quickly fall asleep as I have seen him do in other similar settings... aka church ;) I was wrong. Will came alive this weekend. During the classes Will's eyes rarely closed, and he took notes without prompting. For me of course the classes were an entirely different language and every once in a while I would ask him what things meant and he would smile and quietly explain to me so I could keep up with the lectures (I was particularly interested in the lectures on PFO's). Will was on fire Friday, after the conference his medical knowledge seemed to have returned completely. He did not stumble in explaining to me the ventricles of the heart or the functions of the vessels, what a stunt is, etc... Later at my friends home Will asked questions and joked with them as if they'd been friends for years.

Today Will was wide awake in church and even got up and bore his testimony about his love for the Savior and the atoning sacrifice. I'm beaming to see his progress and thank you all for your prayers. It is as if we've been traveling up a steep mountain, exerting our energy for days on end with only the view of another rock and few scraps to account for the hard work. And when we thought we might faint from exhaustion, we pull ourselves over another rock and find breathtaking hills, mountains and valleys, the path ahead of us and behind us clear. I'm grateful for this time I've had to regain energy and hope for continued success.

Speaking of terrain, we've been out and about a lot lately. Above is Will on his new cross country ski's and a picture he took on a hike. Will bought a nice camera before his stroke, and it has been only recently that he has wanted to use it. Thank you again for all of your prayers and help in this continuing process.

Summer

ps Last week Will and I gave talks in church. Will spoke for 14 minutes, and everyone understood him. In fact many wept as they listened to him relate stories of faith, prayer, and continued efforts in keeping the commandments.

1 comment:

cristie said...

it was indeed a "perfect weekend" and we are so happy for all. xox