Sunday, July 26, 2009

Waiting, healing



Will continues to show amazing recovery. This past week he reminded me of one of my nieces names -- I had forgotten. He also told me the first and last names of our upstairs neighbors without prompting. Will is more productive at home than he has ever been, organizing, building, fixing, studying, etc. It is very encouraging to see how far Will has come. However, I have to admit this week I feel like we are on mile 23 of a marathon, and exhaustion is threatening to overtake us. I ask how much more will be asked of Will and I. But I realize in this pursuit of healing and redemption there is not room to look back or ignore the road ahead. I only hope I can be strong, like Will has been and continues to be. It takes so much courage and faith to do what Will has done. To keep trying when everything seems to shout there is no way. I stand in awe of what my husband has been through. He is so gentle and willing to listen to the Lord in this time of uncertainty. He is a great man and I love him more everyday.

As for the rest of this week's updates, we are still waiting to hear from Ohio on when they want Will to do a rotation. He is also waiting to hear back from Eaglegate College on whether or not he will start teaching in the next few months there. Above you can see Will put a new door knob on our storage closet. The knob before did not lock. The other picture is Will and I in one his Grandpa's carriages.

Keep up your prayers. Thank you for your continued attention to the blog and Will's recovery. You all make such a difference in our lives.

1 comment:

Boni said...

Things are coming along...that's good! You're such a good wife to Will!