Sunday, February 21, 2010

Linguistica

Well I thought I would fill you in a little today on my work situation. As you can probably guess its not very helpful in an interview to say that you recently had a stroke. But I am progressing to the point where it matters less. Its just more important to focus on the positives.
The stroke has to be mentioned, but not a lot of time has to be spent on it. Well anyway, I am currently doing some part-time work for a company called Linguistica International. I'm one of their translators and as such I am occasionally called by them to go translate for a patient at a hospital or clinic. Well I should say I have translated once. It was pretty okay, but I wish I new Spanish a little better. Anyway, I've only just begun and hopefully I will get more work later. I also interviewed for the same type of job at Primary Children's, but I won't hear from them for several weeks.

Besides that I've kept pretty busy with the continuing home improvement projects. One of the things I've done was clean the top of the oven. The layers of cooked food were pretty intense to remove, but three hours into the project it was clean.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for a clean stove! Will you come clean mine now?

School-Home Connection said...

Haha!! Good job on cleaning the stove, now that you have it spotless, you can clean it every week and it won't take you three hours:)