Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Vacation with Summer

I've been kind of remiss in writing these days. I say that because I don't want you to think that nothing has been going on in my life. Only that I haven't, I guess, spent the time to write it down. A lot is going on, especially now that it is time, once again, to start getting residency applications done. Anyway, I am doing stuff. I'm just not always writing it down.

I think in the last posting something was mentioned about me telling about the Clarke family vacation that we took in Bear Lake last month. It's the Clarke family vacation because as you may or may not know I married a Clarke. Of course all this is off the topic. The point being is that we went to Bear Lake, and Park City and had a wonderful time.

Summer's sister Cami married a guy whose family owns a cabin up at Bear Lake. Its a pretty nice cabin close to the water with a fun backyard that includes a tower and a fire pit. Up there one of the fun things we did was have competition somewhat like the olympics which the kids participated in and we, the adults, cheered. We also had fun in the water including playing Ultimate Frisbee although that was pretty short lived.

On our last day in the Bear Lake area we went to a cave. It was pretty neat to see the stalactites and -mites. It was also nice because we didn't have to hike to it. The entrance was only a hundred or so feet from the parking l0t.

The second part of our vacation was spent in Park City. There we had a nice dinner at a local restaurant. We also got to swim in the pool that was at the place we stayed. And we played a rousing game of croquet in the grass below the patio.

All in all, it was a good time. I hope you all get to go on fun vacations as well this summer.


No comments: