Saturday, August 7, 2010

Caring for kids

This past week Dale, Summer's oldest brother, went on a trip with his wife to Austria. He went there to play with the symphony he is part of. He left four children behind and strict instructions to take care of them while he was absent. His children include Jessica, who is the eldest, followed by Shalice, then Braden, the only boy, and last of all Rachel who is still quite little and hasn't learned how to talk yet. We had the privilege of taking the first watch with the children.
This began Sunday afternoon. I remember I was kind of tired and so, after I had taken Dale and Amy to the airport I went to sleep for a while. Well I wanted to. I couldn't though, and that was probably fine.
On Monday one of the cool things we did was that Braden and I went on a bike ride to Braden's elementary school. It actually wasn't too far away, nor was it a very difficult ride, but it was nice to see that he knew how to get there, and that he knew how to ride his bike. In the evening we had a nice FHE where we talked about some of the stuff in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet provided to us by Jessica.
On Tuesday I was gone at the Maliheh clinic for most of the day. Fortunately nothing drastic happened while I was away. In the evening we played Skip-bo among other things.
On Wednesday we packed up the kids and drove them up to Grandma's and Grandpa's. Summer and I then made a quick trip over to the hospital for a checkup on Wilson (who is doing very well). When we got back we found that Grandma and Grandpa had stolen the kids, but fortunately they were returned safe and sound later that day.

Now on another note. I'm doing well. I'm working towards residency, and much of the other time these days is spent pursing an interim career of some sort for me. I'm looking for a job that involves my medical training, hopefully I will be able to find something like that soon.



Another thing that I have done recently was put in a new microwave above our stove including adding a new outlet in the cupboards above. I also got those bathroom cabinets in. I think we talked about them a few weeks ago when I mentioned the leak I created, but I don't know if I have included a picture.


No comments: