Saturday, January 7, 2012

A New Year

I was at whit ends the last part of the year-- thinking- what will we do if we don't get into Physicians Assistant school.  Waiting and hoping for a chance to start again, I nearly drove myself crazy. And then something happend.  Will lost any inhibition he might have had to wait for an opportunity and started studying. He has been putting in 8 to 10 hour days for weeks now-- studying to take the third set of the boards. He takes and re-takes practice tests and is pouring over test prepartion materials. Without my prompting my husband is on fire with more motivation/desire to become a doctor than I've ever seen before. I am so pleased with this change of events that any sadness over not getting into PA school has melted away. 


I am so happy to be his wife. To be the wife of someone who hasn't buckled under the weight of what seems to be an insormountable trial.  I have never seen someone fight so hard to get back what he lost. His focus has never waivered. We have written and re-written plans and found more dead ends than I wish to count. There have been many opportunities to just walk away, but Will doesn't take the bait. I find more meaning in this relationship and in my husbands determination than I ever thought possible.  I am grateful to be the recipient of such a wonderful love. In the prescence of such an amazing individual- day in and day out. And as we spent a day and a half away from our little guy to celebrate our anniversary. Shopping, eating out, playing chess, drinking hot chocoalate, listening to music, going to the movie theater, and staying at a fun hotel downtown Salt Lake City; I felt like the luckiest girl on earth. I don't know what our future holds but I know from past experince that it holds something wonderful.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Thanks, Summer for keeping this updated so well. It's very inspiring to read stories like this - especially when they're true. Take care.

Katie Ellis said...

I think 2012 will be a great year for you guys. You are both such an inspiration.