Saturday, April 28, 2012

Remember


When we moved back into my condo we had a drip. It was in the front bath. I don't know for how long our renters had dealt with this drip-- but it only took a few days to really annoy me. I felt like the entire Atlantic ocean was passing through my bathtub every week. I digress. Will spent a few weekends installing new parts but to no avail the leak was not to be stopped. We lived with it for a few months. It was really frustrating but I tried to ignore it.  Finally one day the leak got a lot worse and we called in the plumbers. After cutting through the wall and completely replacing the components -- i.e. handles, spout and shower head, the leak was finally plugged. For a few days it was glorious! No noise!  No drip!  Just the sound of silence. It's been a month since the plumbers came. I hardly even think about the bath anymore. It's as if it never happened.

This is obviously an analogy for Will's stroke. So much of the difficult recovery happened in the first two years, we hardly even think about the stroke day to day. However,  I think we should. Not think about the  "stroke" per se- but think about the repair- the amazing recovery we have received. The blessings that have come. Why is it so easy to forget.  Like the 10 lepers who were healed when Jesus sent them to wash in a river, and only one came back.  The other nine I'm assuming were very grateful, but they were already starting to forget-- by what miraculous power their life long illness was removed. We must never forget to praise God for his great power, and remember his great mercy. I imagine if I were to write a book about happiness. Gratitude would be one of the first chapters in the book. Gratitude for the things we have, or the things that are not broken. I believe this more than anything will make the things that are broken in our lives a whole lot better :)

OK-- so now for the news you've all been waiting for. We're having a baby Boy!!!  We of course are due in September, but the knowledge of Ben having a brother has me walking on clouds. I hope they will be the best of friends!  Besides my ever increasing belly-- the big news in our lives right now is we are a week away from taking Step 3. Will studies day and night and has recently been timing his tests to keep up to speed with his resident counterparts.  He takes one test after another all day long. INTENSE!! Please find a spot in your prayers for Will this week as next friday and saturday are very big days for him!!!

No comments: