Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dreaming


What kind of person are you?  A dreamer or is reality too appetizing to give into the idea that your dreams might be a little much.  I find myself in a battle with the two sometimes. I want to dream but I don't want to wake up some day and say I spent too much time chasing dreams and not enough time enjoying the reality that I have. I don't know if this is making sense but I'm thinking along the lines of -- if I set my expectations high I might be disappointed when things don't turn out the way I hope they will.

Of course a lot of my inner turmoil revolves around my husband finding his way back to a suitable career. I don't want to pressure him or make him feel like he can't do something. I want us to dream-- and I want to live his dreams. I want to be the wife that helps his dreams come true. But then the reality of 4 + years without a job for him is staring us in the face and his credentials match a doctors but not those of another career field so side stepping into another career field is proving to be difficult. So I guess I'm asking - if you were me- would you dream or bear down and start over? This has been a consistent flow of thinking to me for years now-- I don't always know how to feel about our situation. But one thing I always come back to is -- no matter what happens -- I am happy. I have a perfect husband a wonderful child and another one on the way. The reality is I couldn't be luckier, or better off. They are what matters most. I do expect/dream/hope that Will is going to end up in the right career for him. And that we won't have to be in limbo forever. Mostly, I just need to develop patience that things will happen in the Lords timing and not our timing.

1 comment:

Katie Ellis said...

I've had this debate with myself quite a few times. I think what I've decided is that it usually doesn't help me much to have dreams about what I can't control (especially husband's work). I find I'm happier when I look for ways to improve life the way that it is right now. Like I might not be able to get new furniture to improve my house but I can clean and organize. President Uchtdorf's golden ticket talk also helps me. It's definately a tough balance.