Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bringing hope

I've been thinking lately a lot about unfair stereotypes and judgements that keep people like Will from getting a job. I've had moments where I've wanted to take on all of the employers who have brushed past Will's resume.  I am convinced that we all have hidden insecurities that cause us to reject those less fortunate or less able. I wish I could wash that all away-- in fact I wish I could say that because my husband is at times unjustly judged, that I don't judge others unfairly.There is more need than ever to treat others fairly. Too many people live under a covering of misplaced labels and under-appreciated abilities. I know we can do better.  The next time you look the other way when you see hunger or misery- instead see value and bring hope. 

2 comments:

Allie said...



I am your RS President's daughter-in-law and in Rob Hale's ward here in Texas...small, small world. I see first hand the things you are going through when I talk with Mercedi. You are both amazing ladies!

If you ever need a listening ear or someone to complain to...I really, really hope you use Rex and Jo...there aren't better people on this earth and they will do ANYTHING. I am lucky to call them family and you will be lucky to call them friends!

Hang in there!

Summer Blackhurst said...

Thank you for your comment. It's good to have friends in Texas :) And I love Mercedi- even though we have never met. Your mother-in-law is amazing. She makes me laugh every sunday during her RS intro...