Saturday, March 29, 2008

Graduation Day

Will asked how far he'd gotten in school. "Why?", we asked. Because he couldn't remember graduating.

"Yes, you graduated. You got an M.D. Now you're a doctor."

A few days later he said he still couldn't remember graduating. "But there were witnesses. Mom and I were there and watched it happen." "And you must have a diploma." (But that's still in Columbus.)

A few minutes later Will brought out his computer. We looked through his photos, and there they were: pictures Will took at the Shoe, including one he took of himself. The pictures unlocked his memory, and now he could remember that President Clinton gave the address, and he was one of the first in line when the graduates filed out.

"So Will, now do you believe you graduated?"

"Hmmm. I'm not sure. But it does prove I was in the line."

2 comments:

lizzie said...

There are parts of my schooling that I wish I couldn't remember. But I do think that graduation is one memory worth holding onto. Here's hoping it all comes back.

Sarah said...

I like how critical he is. I would see the picture and say, "well, I guess its true then." He says, "Hmmm. I'm not sure. But it does prove I was in the line."