Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gary Indiana

Summer wants me to start writing in here. I don't think that is such a bad idea. Hopefully, you won't think so either. In any case this first post will be short. I'm just going to tell you about what happened in Gary, Indiana. Gary is a town on the way between Columbus and Madison. We were on our way to Madison to visit my brother and had been in Columbus to pick up some of my stuff. In any case we were driving down the road when my car started making sounds and not acting normal. We had been putting fresh oil in it, but that oil had been leaking out, and it had been going pretty fast. In any case we had to stop and fortunately Gary was close by. We took it to a repair shop who diagnosed it as oil getting into one of the pistons. Unfortunately, that pretty much meant the end of the car. We could put a new engine in it or attempt a repair that wasn't guaranteed to work, but either of those options would take time and we had to get Summer back to Utah for an interview. Fortunately for us we were able to sell the car to a lady who was also at the fix it shop and rent a new car for the rest of the trip. In fact we were going again that night. I kind of miss my car, but at least we made it back alive.


No comments: