Sunday, November 8, 2009

Will & Summer's Recovery



We've been in Georgia for the past week letting my sister-in-law cook amazing dinners for us and enjoying tons o hugs from our two nephews and niece. I don't have a lot of thoughts for you today. It hurts my head to think too much about the "next steps." We've spent many hours this past week figuring out how best to give Will the "optimal recovery" over the next year. Nothing has quite panned out yet so be assured we'll let you know when we know ;) We're still pushing for a full recovery-- meaning Will will again practice medicine.

In the meantime-- here we are. I can't tell you how much my love for Will grows everyday as I watch him take on the world over and over again. I am lucky to be with him. And no matter how "mad" we get at the stroke we realize that it was the "stroke" that brought us back together. I guess Will's greatest trial is our greatest blessing. I'm not sure if people reading this blog can or do look at their 'greatest trials' in the same way but I imagine that if the trial served to bring you closer to God than you're thankful. I think that is all we can hope for in this life.

So I'll finish this blog with a picture of Will and one of our nephews and a picture and video of our latest safari adventure. Also above I took a shot at depicting in a photograph how I feel about autumn in the East. I love it!



No comments: