Sunday, May 20, 2012

To be continued...


I don't know if the last post was a cliff hanger for you, but I thought I'd bring you back off the cliff. Will took the second part of his test on Wednesday. He feels like he did OK. With these types of tests "OK" means you know you missed a whole lot, but you're hoping you answered enough correctly to pass. The results will not be revealed until June sometime, so I'm afraid we'll have keep you waiting again.

Finally the pressure of the test has been lifted. Will and I spent the last half a week celebrating. It has been wonderful! Below are some of the adventures we have gone on. As for what's next the list includes: finding a job, trying to sell our condo, looking for experince in radiology to beef up our resume, preparing for the arrival of our next son, etc...

Since I started with the news, I will end with a thought. Will's family is overflowing with marriages lately. To date- one of his sisters has been married this year, a  brother is engaged and Will's youngest sister just announced her engagement. We are not even half way through the year and at least three kids in his family will tie the knot before years end! Will is thrilled, he is practically all smiles whenever we talk about his family. When I look at where they are currently and the time we've had in our marriage, I can't help but feel grateful. Marriage comes with so much more than companionship. It brings with it sacrifice, understanding, stability, new challenges, children, and a lot of work from both in the partnership to build a secure home for their family. I cannot on paper begin to describe how much my love for Will has grown through all of the experinces our marriage has brought with it. It feels like putting a pea next to a watermelon, like the earth next to Jupiter. I am so grateful that Will has worked day in and day out, not only to regain his career, but serve and love me. To support me in my role, and give me wings to fly. I love him more today than I ever have. I believe that some day that love can fill the emancity of space.  Love can continue to grow, much like our children will grow, and then they bring children of their own, and so on. The family/love never stops growing. What any of this has to do with Will's recovery, I guess it has everything to do with it.  Will has taken a challenge and instead of turning inward he has turned outward. He has made it possible for our relationship to flourish-- out of the love and compassion that he has gained from those challenges. I know that it could have been just as easy for him to turn inward and find less reason to love and live fully, but he did not. And for this I will be eternally grateful.

After Will's test he came home to this carrier for his bike. He has fond memories of his dad riding around  his siblings on such a seat, so I thought I'd suprise him with his own. 

Hiking with Ben. This is the only time I held him, the rest of the time, Will carried Ben and I carried our other baby ;)

Ben's thumbs up after a great walk around Temple Square.

Ben loves his backpack.
We had a dutch oven party for Will a couple days after the test. We had like a billion kids there (nieces, nephews, kids of friends). It was lots of fun!

No comments: