Saturday, May 10, 2008

Morning Meds Monday - Friday

I am the lucky one to give Will his medications, obviously as the title indicates, in the morning Monday through Friday. I think its great. I do this after walking little sister Jess to school, after hauling myself back up the hill, and becoming a sweaty ball of nastiness. I go into our incredibly warm house grab his pills and drink and go to the amazingly even warmer bedroom. "Will, time to take your meds... look, you just have to take them and then you can go back to sleep." he grumbles back, "if I take them I'll be awake." My thoughts: 'wow, Will that was profound, just take your meds' as the sweat pouring down my face makes me wonder if the conditions of a sauna are any different. I stand patiently. Wait. Wait a little bit longer. "Will, if you take them right now this will be over." He then proceeds to roll over and pull the blanket over his head. 'Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, in just about every one of his younger siblings. Wow this guy has influence.'
Usually this process doesn't take more than fifteen minutes each morning, but each day brings another, in some way varied, response. "You're really patient." "Don't you worry about it, just put them on my desk....I'll take them later." Long periods of pretended sleep. It's a lot of fun for me, but the poor guy has to deal with little sister Abs Monday through Friday....Ü

No comments: