Friday, May 2, 2008

Will's Platform for President

On Tuesday Will's speech therapist, Lisa, gave him a choice of writing assignments. He could write a movie review or his platform for running for president of the United States. He chose the platform.

Thursday morning he sat down to the computer and put together what we think rivals or surpasses anything either of the two major political parties have come up with so far. We can only hope one or more of the leading contenders will stumble upon Will's Recovery blog and take notes.

President

If I were president of the U.S. a few thing would have to change. Not big things of course, just minor things. Things that nobody cares about anyway. Things like how the White House is decorated or who the judges on the Supreme Court are. Anyway, I’m just saying what I think. You can have you own opinion. You won’t offend me.

First of all. I think that the tax ought to be flat. Not wavy like it is today. I say that not because I don’t have enough money. Although I don’t. But because I have too much (I know that this is a contradiction in terms) and it needs to be spread out evenly. Sure the government can have some of my money. We need roads and swimming pools and stuff. But of course I need stuff too. A car to drive, a house to live in, a pool to swim in (if the city hasn’t already built one). Anyway, the tax should be flat.

I also think we shouldn’t drive on Sunday. With a few exceptions of course. We can drive to church, and of course the newspaper has to be delivered. Actually there are a lot of exceptions to this rule, that I can’t get into here, suffice it to say that we should try to avoid driving on Sunday.

I would also redecorate the white house. I think it would look better blue, but that is my own personal opinion. You may think it looks better gray or pink or white. I don’t care, what you think and when you’re president you can think up a different game plan. Anyway we won’t go inside now because I can tell your flustered but believe me it will be great.

Last of all I would appoint the judges myself. They would consist of my brothers. I have a few of them. And of course they would do a good job. The bad guys would go to jail and the good guys would be let off to jump in their pools or something. Anyway that’s what would happen if I were president.

3 comments:

R and M said...

Great plan, Will. We'd vote for you for sure! And by the way, are there any cabinet spots open for old friends? Take care.
- Ryan & Michelle Hackett

becca said...

You'd be great Will. I'm curious, do the brothers know they'd make great judges? And blue is a perfect choice for the color of the white house. Ü

Unknown said...

Better than the two major parties is a given, but not better than Ron Paul. Death to the privately owned Federal Reserve cabal and the personal income tax.
Also, it's great to hear you're continuing to improve!